Sunday, December 8, 2013

In Case You Didn't Know......

Mike and I got engaged! Our wedding is on June 22, 2014 and I still have so much planning to do. He proposed back in August and I promised my Instagram followers that I would share our engagement photos. We are still very early in the whole planning process. Our wedding will be a primarily DIY wedding so LOTS of things to figure out. We are still in the market for a great photographer so if anyone knows of an affordable photographer in the DFW area, please let me know.

I'm sure someone will ask me about how he proposed so here's the jist of the tale :) If y'all knew Mike, you would know he's a very carefree and funny guy who loves to joke around. All week he had been asking me to marry him and of course I would say yes. Then one day after work, we were having dinner at our house and he was tending to my every need (which was nice but kind of weird at the same time lol). Then eventually he took me in his arms and was saying all these nice things to me and sounding all choked up. He then got on one knee and asked me to marry him.... his face was all red and his eyes were misty. At first I thought he was joking (again) so I laughingly told him to stop being weird (OMG Steph). He then pulled out the ring and I knew he was for real.

Later that night he told me that he had missed the delivery truck with my ring so he spent part of the day chasing the truck down to be able to get the ring that day. He isn't great at keeping secrets or surprises so he just HAD to propose that day. Although it may sound ordinary to some, it was heartfelt, intimate and so US. I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives and I'm already getting baby fever (yikes).

I always go off on a tangent.... anywho, here are just a few photos from our engagement shoot.


If any of my readers have any tips, do and don'ts on weddings, I would appreciate the advice!

4 comments:

RAEview said...

Belated congratulations! Your photos look lovely :)

♥Mishi à la mode♥ said...

yay!!! Congrats! So happy for you.. this year is truly the year of engagements. Can't wait to see your journal to the Wedding date ^_^

Anonymous said...

you should check out this beautyguru on youtube her name is charmaine manansala and she's filipina too. Anyways shes engaged and she always posts on how to DIY your wedding im using some of her tips and she has a blog too. Goodluck! she has a wedding section on her blog. I've been watching your videos for sooo long and always come to your blog to checkout what you've been up to so congrats and i hope you get inspired to post/make videos as a hobby bc you are SO good and ive learned a ton from you!

Stephie said...

Thank you so much ladies!

I will definitely check her out, thank you for the recommendation! I appreciate your encouragement :)