Sunday, June 21, 2009

Multitask! My Updated Everyday Look Tutorials

Over the past year, I have had to find ways to cut down time, but still have a completed look (hair and makeup). The easiest and fastest way to multitask in getting ready is to do your makeup and hair at the SAME TIME. How is this possible? Well my friends, let me introduce you to one of my bestest friends... hot rollers! Honestly, you get a great hairstyle and cut your time in half in getting ready.

I had to cut this tutorial into 3 videos. I notice that when I talk in videos, they are a lot longer.... I think I have a tendency to babble LOL. In any case, I'm pretty much walking you through my everyday look. I usually take about 20 to 30 minutes (max) to get ready in the morning, from waking up to finishing my hair.

Part 1: Prepping Your Hair & Putting It Up In Rollers

SUPPLIES
1 1/4" Hot Rollers - I'm using Conair More Big Curls, purchased at Ulta for approx. $30.
Clips - large enough to hold your rollers.
Pomade or Balm - I'm using Bed Head Manipulator.




Part 2: Makeup - How to Make Brown Eyes Pop



FACE
MAC Prep + Prime SPF 50
MAC Loose Mineral Foundation - Medium Dark (applied with Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NC35

CHEEKS
MAC Accentuate/ Sculpt Powder - contour (109 brush)
MAC Afterdusk Blush - apples (136 brush)

EYES
MAC Porcelain/ Browning Brow Shader - dark for brows, light for highlight
MAC Engraved Powerpoint Pencil - lower waterline & tightline upper lashes
MAC Prussian Powerpoint Pencil - line upper lashes & lower lashline
MAC Atlantic Blue e/s (I would have preferred to use MAC's Prussian e/s but I couldn't find it LOL) - smudge upper & lower lashes (219 brush)
Shiseido Mascara Base
Shiseido Lifting Mascara

LIPS
MAC Pink Edge Lipglass Pencil
MAC Ahoy There! Lipstick














Part 3: Take Down Your Rollers & Tease!

SUPPLIES
A teasing comb (rat tail comb)
Hairspray - I'm using Chi.



Juicy

She ended up making up with Ms. Piggy after she devoured her...





Hope y'all had a great weekend!

XO,
Stephie

7 comments:

  1. glad you're back =) & i am definitely loving the look =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how glowy your skin is! Can you do a haircare video? I'm really interested to see the products you use b/c your hair always look so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your videos are the BESTTTT.

    i also use the Bed Head Manipulator which i love. i dont own the hot curlers sadly though.. what i do is i get my straightening iron CHI and twist it so that it comes out curly. i am sooo gonna try the chi silk infusion ! thanks for the vid sooo much help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look, I wanna try blue now :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh you are amazing :) i love the makeup look and you inspired me to take out my hot rollers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful!

    I know what you mean about accounting and dressing casually--I do accounting working from home and it's great--but I always dress nicely and wear makeup, because my other half also works from home!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & communicating with y'all! Please leave any comments, feedback, suggestions or requests for me and I'll definitely get back to you! XO